Nikon Golf Rangefinder Reviews – One of the Preferred Brands by Most Golfers
Golf, one of the most popular sporting events, is played in most parts of the world. Although the game may seem very simple to you, in reality it is not so. You need experience, skill, and acute judgement in order to strike a hole in one. In the good old days, golfers used to play the game with the help of a club and a golf ball. However, with time the requirement of a golfer increased. Today, you will find golfers playing golf with several clubs and a special electronic equipment known as the golf rangefinder. This device is very crucial for a player and helps a lot in judging the exact distance to the next flag. Here we take a look at the Nikon Golf Rangefinder.
Nikon as a Company
Nikon, one of the forerunners in the manufacture of DSLR cameras, is also quite popular in golf rangefinders. The company has been in the industry of optical products for well over 90 years and this vast experience has helped it to come up with some of the best rangefinders used by golfers from different parts of the globe. Nikon uses the latest engineering technics coupled with modern day computer designs in manufacturing its products, which are the results of a perfect balance between aberration free images, maximized light transmission, and high resolution.
Some of the Nikon Golf Range Finders
Some of the best and quite popular Nikon golf rangefinders have been discussed below to give you an idea about the quality of their products.
- Coolshot 40 Golf Rangefinder: This is one of the USGA approved golf rangefinders made by Nikon. It provides quick readings and uses Hyper Read Technology. Golfers can get a wide view of the golf course with this device, which makes it very simple to gauge the distance to various objects on a golf course. The Coolshot 40 rangefinder is very lightweight and you can easily carry it along with you without feeling the burden. Golfers can use the First Target Priority Mode, which helps to display the distance to the closest target among several other objects on the course. This is a good way to understand that the reading displayed is to the nearest pin and not any other object. You may even press and hold the power button of the device to allow it to measure the distance for 8 seconds. This is beneficial if you wish to get the measurements to several objects such as hazards, trees, pins, and mounds.
- Coolshot 40i Golf Rangefinder: This device uses ID technology which is helpful when you wish to choose a suitable club for a shot with a change of elevation. This technology will help a golfer choose his club precisely and also tee away successfully. The First target Priority Mode in the Coolshot 40i rangefinder is helpful for golfers in displaying the range to the closest target without taking into consideration the distances to other objects on the golf course. It also uses the Hyper Read Technology and has the 8 seconds continuous measurement mode. The device is compact in size and can easily be stored in your pocket or simply carry it in your hand. The body of the rangefinder is rainproof to help you use it even while it rains.
- Coolshot 80 VR Golf Rangefinder: For a golfer, a mere change in the weather conditions or unbalanced positions or even a tournament pressure can be prove to be rather taxing on his health and mind. Such types of negative impacts can often make a rangefinder unstable due to shaking hands. The Nikon Coolshot 80 rangefinders comes with VR technology or vibration reduction. This ensures that the target remains stable even if the rangefinder is moved. It has 6x magnification for golfers to get a clear view of their targets on a golf course. Apart from the Hyper Read technology, the Coolshot 80 rangefinder also comes with Locked ON technology. Once the desired target gets locked on the device, it appears on it.it has an accuracy of +/- 0.75 yards per meter for distances less than 700 yards. For distances above 700 yards it has an accuracy of +/- 1.25 yard per meter.
- Coolshot 80i VR Golf Rangefinder: There is not much of a difference between the Coolshot 80 rangefinder and the Coolshot 80i rangefinder. The latter can provide accurate distance readings from 8 yard to a maximum of 1000 yards. It also comes with VR technology, Locked on technology, and Hyper Read technology amongst many others. The accuracy level of the Coolshot 80i is similar to that of the Coolshot 80 rangefinder.
- Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder: Are you searching for one of the smallest and most pocket friendly golf rangefinders for your own use without compromising upon the features? Then the Coolshot 20 rangefinder is the best option for you. It is the most lightest and compact rangefinders from Nikon. The exterior is made of rainproof material and it has most of the essential features found in other Nikon rangefinders such as First Target Priority Mode and 8-seconds continuous measurement. Due to the size and weight of the device, you will not feel the burden of carrying it along with you all the time on a golf course.
These are basically the 5 different types of Nikon rangefinders. Although all of them come with the basic features, if you are a professional or experienced golfer then it would be better for you to pick the one with the most features. This will help you with your game and also overcome your competitors. The market is flooded with several types of golf rangefinders made by different companies. It would be a good idea to choose the right one after proper considerations and comparisons. Take your time and then select the best as per your needs. If you have any golfing friends, then you may also seek his advice. Once you buy the best suited golf rangefinder, you will surely notice a great improvement in your game and you will start playing like a pro.
An oldie but goodie is the Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder.